Thursday, February 17, 2011

In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, room...

The weekend after Christmas, my aunt Elizabeth and uncle Kyle asked if I would teach my cousin Josie how to make a cake. She is in as much love as I am with the cake decorating shows! I happily agreed. We made a tiki cake with homemade buttercream icing and homemade fondant. I had so much fun showing her the "ropes." I haven't been making cakes long but absolutely love it! Here are some pictures of our special day! We made the cake a little bit simpler than other cakes I have made. ENJOY!

*Crumb coating the cakes.

*Covering the cakes with our homemade fondant.


*Making the tiki hut!

*Adding the sand aka brown sugar.

*The finished masterpiece!


2 comments:

The Covert Family said...

Ash- That turned out so great! I love it! What a fun project to work on together! I am loving all your cakes! Super cute!

Whitney said...

Your cakes are awesome!you're one talented girl!