Saturday, August 6, 2011

Monkeying Around....

I feel as if I am always posting about either the baby or a cake I made. We just don't lead very exciting lives! Well anyways, here is another cake post. I made a monkey birthday cake for one of my good friend's daughters. She is turning 10! When my friend asked me to make a cake, I asked her what the theme was. Apparently, her daughter had originally wanted an Eminem cake. Yes, I am talking about the rapper Eminem. I thought ok....That's going to be a difficult one, but I can figure it out. Well the next day at work, my friend told me her daughter came to her the night before and said she came up with a better theme for her birthday. Her daughter said, "Let's Go Bananas!" and said she would like a monkey cake! Isn't that one of the cutest themes ever? Well I made the cake and I think it turned out awesome. We will see if she loves it! Here are a few pictures, enjoy :)

All the decorations on the cake are made of fondant!


1 comments:

Terry said...

I simply love the monkey cake!!! I knew you had a decorating talent, but no idea how wonderful your cakes look. We are excited about becoming great-grandparents!!
By the way, you look beautiful.